Friday, December 2, 2011

Breaking Point

I was sitting on my bed tonight, studying for finals, and at approximately 11:00 I bursted into tears. I realized I was having a breakdown. Stress finally weighed in. I have had so much on my mind lately and I have been feeling like I am failing in things that I do, and I haven't been strong. I feel like I let myself down, but most importantly that I let God down. It took me a minute to realize that I really need to surrender everything to him and let him take care of it. It's way too much for someone to do on their own, and all to often I take on a lot more than I should. I feel like it was God's way of saying that he will take care of everything. I need to focus on my finals this week. I got a wonderful message today from a very sweet friend who said the exact same thing. That's exactly what I needed to hear, and it meant so much. I thank God for all of the blessings he has put in my life to get me through the hard times. I am trying hard not to think about next Friday. God already knows the results, and he already has a plan and has it under control. I can breathe easy in knowing that. God is our almighty savior and through him, all things are possible. My favorite bible verse is Phillipians 4:13 - I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength. 
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6. "

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes we learn life's lessons only by being in the "fire". You are doing exactly what God intends for you by being at school and studying for finals. Yes, we all have those moments when we feel like we can't move another inch and that's when we surrender it all to HIM and HE leads us through. You are doing amazing and God is in control of next Friday and this upcoming week. HE has given you the ability to study and will lead you through. Sometimes we take on others problems and it gets to be too much. Give that to God to direct your paths. Love ya, Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you today, Tuesday, 1st day of finals...Love ya, gram

    ReplyDelete