Thursday, March 29, 2012

Surgery

My official surgery date is set for May 8th at 8:30 am at Southdale hospital in Edina MN. My tumor will be removed that day, along with my thymus gland. It will then be tested for cancer.  Many people ask me if I am scared. My answer continues to be no. I have absolutely no reason to be afraid because all of my trust is in the Lord. He has a plan for me, and anything that happens is all in his hands. I trust completely in him, and whatever happens is in his control. I do at times get nervous, but then I pray for reassurance, and hope. God has given me so much strength throughout my last 5 years with this disease, it continues to amaze me. Even though somedays physically I have been too weak to walk, get dressed on my own, and even brush my hair without help, I have felt so strong through my God. I look completely to him to get me through the weakest of my days.
I thank all of you for the love and support. The kind words are so humbling. I appreciate your prayers. God bless every single one of you <3 Also I want to say a special thank you to those of you who tell me time and time again that you think I am strong. It means a lot to hear that. I get all of my strength from God. He is the reason I am strong, the reason I am happy through the scariest time of my life, the reason I continue to have hope on hopeless days, and the reason I believe. A very special friend of mine posted on her wall the other day the words "My God is stronger than the grave." These are the words from one of my favorite songs. God absolutely stronger than anything. With him, we all are as well. With God, we can face any mountain or trial with confidence.

I thank you all again from the bottom of my heart for every prayer, every kind word, and every reassuring hug. I love you all so much! God bless <3

1 comment: