Saturday, March 3, 2012

Grateful

This week has been really tough because of midterms, so to my grandma's, I apologize for not posting.
Lately, I have been having a really hard time gripping the harsh reality of the long term effects of my disease, and all of the risks that surgery will contain in a few short months. I pray to God every day that I do not dwell on those horrible things, as he has them all under control. I have been talking to people from my Myasthenia Gravis support group, and they have all said that the surgery was excruciating, and your sternum will pop for a few months and you may hear the wires crunching, but in the long run, it was the best decision they have made was to have surgery as it improved their quality of life. I however do not have a choice as whether or not to have surgery as I have a growing tumor in my chest cavity. It will all be okay, I have faith in God.
Sorry, that was sort of my little venting session.
I am eternally grateful for the absolutely amazing support I have gotten from my wonderful friends here in Winona. They have kept me sane. My bible study girls have been here for me and praying for me which has been so amazing. I want to take a minute to thank those of you who have been praying for me this week especially. I am not going to name anyone as I am afraid I would miss someone. You are all so wonderful. It has been really stressful with midterms, as stress escalates my disease, and makes it worse and harder to deal with. The support system I have, brings me to tears almost every time I think about it. I constantly have people telling me how strong I am, how they are praying for me, and how they look up   to me. That to me is constantly amazing. I see people all over campus wearing my support bracelets, and about brings the tears every time. Seeing that support and feeling it, I cannot put into words. And then on top of that I have my biggest supporters which are my family. My mom who has never ever given up on me or stopped believing in me, my dad and the rest of my family. Also Nathan. He has been by my side for almost three years now and has held my hand through every single thing and has loved me regardless of what I was going through. His family has been wonderful as well. I am eternally grateful. Lastly, to the amazing RA's of Sheehan, who are always here for me when I need them most, especially Megan, who has been the older sister I prayed for when I was little. Calli, who always tells me how sweet I am and gives the greatest hugs. Jessica, who can make me smile even when tears are running down my cheeks, and I go in her room for one thing and then we talk for four hours. Briana, who listens to me no matter what, always knows what to say and always encourages me. And of course Autumn who always tells me she is so excited to see me walking, and how happy for me she is =) They have all been soo wonderful!!
I am so unbelivably blessed, I can hardly put it into words how grateful I am, and how blessed I am by God. He just keeps revealing wonderful things to me. I could not possibly love life any more than I do now. Thank you again everyone for all of you prayers. God bless every single one of you. I love you all so much!! xoxo
Alyssa <3

1 comment:

  1. Honey, you are a very strong beautiful Christian. We love you and know that God has a plan for your life and for those you are touching through the Holy Spirit. Sometimes we just need to be available and HE works through us. Always keep the Spirit!!!!!

    ReplyDelete