Monday, January 23, 2012

Life

My boyfriend informed me that I start out almost every blog with "wow it's been awhile," haha, didn't realize I did that but I guess I do. Therefore I will be starting this entry different!! =) 
College has been pretty crazy, as I am extremely busy, but I always am no matter where I go!! I am currently taking 18 credits, and next week will start a mentorship program. Crazy, I know. I am also very involved with church so I am always on the go. Praise God that this entire semester (yes I know it has been only two weeks) I have gone without my cane or scooter everywhere!! My medicine is helping me kick some serious MG (myasthenia gravis) butt!! I haven't felt this good in such a long time!! I have had amazing support from family and friends especially. I could not be getting through what I am without God. He has been so faithful to me, and I don't deserve it at all. I am so incredibly thankful for the amount of prayer I have recieved. It continues to amaze me. So thank you thank you THANK YOU to all of you!!

Many of you know my sister has been very sick, and I pray everyday that God will heal her and make her better. She is on a lot of medication and is still not able to shake whatever she has. She has been very miserable. Please say a prayer for a quick healing for her. 

I am very blessed to have my roommate back again, as she was very ill and was not able to start school right away so praise God that she is back and doing well!!

Many of you have been asking about the tumor in my chest. I am meeting with the surgeon on February 6th to do a biopsy to see if cancer cells are present, and when surgery will be done. We are praying that it can wait until summer so I will not need to leave Winona. It will all be according to God's plan, so whatever happens I will be okay with. 

I am looking very much forward to going home in two weeks to spend the weekend with my grandma from South Carolina! =) She is taking Nathan and I out to dinner and then we will go home and all watch a movie together!! Can't wait, she absolutely adores Nathan and I love that =)


I hope you are all having a wonderful week and are staying warm!! It is very icy and slippery here in Winona. The sidewalks are like skating rinks and I have almost gone down a few times!! Everyone stay safe out on the roads! I hope you are all healthy as there are many "bugs" going around.

God bless each and every one of you! I love you all!!!

- Alyssa <3

1 comment:

  1. Yes, sweetie, we are praying for Ashley to get better FAST. I am looking forward to flying to MINN to see y'all and then to Mosinee to see my BIG HOCKEY PLAYERS!!! My how those boys are growing. So glad things are going well for you. Glad your roommate is back and doing better. Stay safe out there on the ICE...glad your legs are beginning to feel better. I always found that water aerobics strengthened my whole body without a lot of achiness. Looking forward to seeing you and Nate. Love ya, gram

    ReplyDelete