Friday, February 17, 2012

Much Needed Weekend!

This weekend couldn't have come faster. Tomorrow my family is coming to see me, and my precious Godchild Braden is going to stay with me in my dorm and I cannot wait! He is quite the charmer, and this dorm has 520 girls!! He is going to be in his element haha! My family is staying in a hotel so we will get to go swimming!! One of my very favorite things to do =)

God has continued to put amazing people in my life. I am so overwhelmingly blessed by the way he is working in my heart, and by showing me how he is working in other people. I have definitely had personal growth, along with being able to watch others that I am very close to, grow as well. God is so amazing and so wonderful. A lot of people ask me if I am scared for my surgery this summer. My response is always "no." It will continue to be no. I put all my faith and trust in God. He is the one who is in charge and in control of my life and what happens, not me. I can either sit here, worry and have a heart attack over it, or I can give it to God and be at peace in knowing that he is in control and he already has it covered. God is cool like that =). So no, I am not scared. God already knows what will happen, and he has a plan. People also tell me I am strong. Well thank you, that means a lot to me, it really does, but all of that strength comes from God. Without him I am no one at all. I have no strength without the Lord because he IS my strength. I do not have to dwell on the bad things in life. One of my favorite verses is Psalm 46:10 Be Still and know that I am God. I love that verse, because God has it all under control. My life is anything but easy, but with God, it is all possible. He is the author of my days, and the lover of my soul. Why would I need to worry?  =) I'm so glad that he has it all figured out because I sure don't. Glad someone does! haha

Recently one of my friends who I have been praying for a lot, is coming to know the Lord, so praise God for that!

Have a safe and wonderful weekend everyone! I love you all! As always, thank you for reading my blog and keeping up with my hectic life!! God bless you, and thank you for your prayers!!

3 comments:

  1. See you tomorrow "Wit-Woo"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cant wait!!!!! Ahhhh Im sooooo excited! I have been waiting all week!

      Delete
    2. Wonderful for the "family" to be with you...knowing you will all enjoy. The boys will be happy to see where DAH is when they say WINONA...enjoy your time. Love ya, gram

      Delete