Monday, October 17, 2011

Long Weekend Almost Over

Well I think that it is safe to say that this weekend was definitely a roller coaster ride. There were not many ups, as I spent a lot of time being a "pin cushion," but it was a very productive weekend. Hopefully I will be done with medical things for awhile. This weekend resulted in electric shocks, needles up and down my arms and legs, Needles in both arms for a total of 14 tubes of blood, 2 needles in my back, 1 to take out 5.5 viles of spinal fluid and one to inject my own blood back into my spine to form a clot to cover the hole that didn't close on its own, and an IV. I think its safe to say that I was a form of a pin cushion =). Yes it was a tough weekend, I would be lying if I said it wasn't, and yes I am EXTREMELY glad that its over. It was an amazing experience as well. I know some of you are asking yourselves, "how in the WOLRD could it be amazing?!" well it was in the sense that I had loved ones by my side the entire time. The doctors and nurses were so amazing, and of course Nathan never left my side. He was there for me through every second. He has been wonderful. So from that aspect of it, it was pretty amazing. I got to spend very valuable time with my family. Also during these times are when my faith is the strongest. I felt very close to God throughout this whole ordeal. God is faithful and he helped me get through it all. He gave me my amazing family to be there with me, and he gave wisdom to the doctors. Now as I continue to slowly heal, my faith remains strong and my family remains by my side. What more could I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment