Saturday, October 1, 2011

Self-Defining Week

Wow, it's already October 1st!! Where has the time gone!! I have been in college a month and a half now, October 16th will be 2 months!! It has been crazy, but very fun. God has definitely shown me a lot of new things since I have been here. He has blessed me with so many new friends along the way. I look at each one of them as a gift. This week has been exceptionally hard, since I lost my step-uncle Darin. I have looked to my friends and God for strength. They have been amazing. I would not have made it through this week without them. I love my friends in my Teach21 cohort, and my friends in my dorm and from church. Each of them gives me something so special, and they help me look at life in a completely different perspective. I thank God for them over and over. This week I have met a few new friends that have already had a huge impact on me and my walk in faith. They are earthly angels to me. It has helped a lot to talk to people when I am stressed or having a hard day. God keeps giving me the strength to move on. Somedays I don's always have a lot, but somehow I make it. I thank those of you who have had late night talks with me this week. It means the world to me and I love you guys. I also thank my family for being so supportive in this new chapter in life. I love you guys. Thank you for all the calls, and notes of encouragement. It makes my day when I get notes in the mail from the ones I love so much. Also thank you to Nathan who has stood by me through thick and thin. It has not always been easy, but we always make it. You are amazing to me and I love you. This next week will be a very busy week, as I have a lot of deadlines to meet in terms of assignments. I know I can do it! =)
today I tore my closet apart and reorganized. It feels wonderful to have that all done. It was a process but I did it. Grandma Jan you would be proud of me because I have been keeping my room clean!!! I am not sure how I manage as  busy as I am, but I do =) Well it is a beautiful Fall day, and I have the windows open with a nice breeze, homework is all done so I think that means it's time for a little nap!! Love all of you guys, may God bless you this week and keep you well <3

3 comments:

  1. THAT WAS GREAT TO READ. I AM GLAD YOU ARE DOING GREAT THERE. SOUNDS LIKE THE LEGS ARE BETTER AND YOUR CHURCH IS AWSOME. MISS YOU AND HAVE A GREAT TIME THERE. GRANDPA DON

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girlie, We are so proud of your accomplishments. This is one of the most important times of your life. You are creating your future and with God at your side you are absolutely going places...love ya, gram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alyssa, Just a quick note to say we love you and are thinking of you each day. Hoping that school is going well and that you are happy with what you are doing. Love ya, gram

    ReplyDelete