Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Battery=Running on Empty

Many people say that college takes a lot out of a person. I will be the first to attest to that!! I have been studying my rear end off!! I am so exhausted both physically and mentally. It is only 7:52, but as soon as I close my computer and take a shower, I am off to bed!! It seems like the days are getting longer. But thats because tomorrow is only Wednesday. But thats okay because on Monday, I don't have classes =) I have been trying to get as much sleep as my studies will allow. Right now that hasn't been a whole lot. I try to sneak a nap in here and there. I guess I just need to get used to this hustle and bustle of a life. I am hoping my mom will come see me this weekend =) she said she may so that's exciting!! I hope everyone has a safe and happy labor day weekend!! <3 you all!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Morning Alyssa, Yes, it's a BIG adjustment...college life requires a change of habits. It also means doing things that are different from what you are used to doing. Getting sleep is the most important you can do for your body and your mind. You will work this out with your studies and your personal life. Change requires a mind-set that you want to do whatever it takes to get to your goal. Prayer is the answer!!!! We are praying for you daily as we know this is a BIG adjustment for you....love ya, gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Alyssa, Here it is Sept. 1!!!!!! You are in an amazing world of college life. Sometimes getting to the prize(college life)is more exciting than actually being there as the end result means WORK, WORK, and more WORK!!!!! But you have to look at the end result, the light at the end of the tunnel...you are going to be available to many folks(Jimmy Dearman)who dearly need someone as compassionate as you are and who care about them. You are such an amazing woman who God will use wherever you are...we love you, Alyssa, Gram

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! Welcome to the real world; worry not, for there are 2 reasons you will survive and thrive....1) all professors start off strong. They will load you up and start off pretty tough on the course load, I guess to kinda shock the system, it let up shortly. And 2) you will soon learn the two most important words ever muttered on college campuses across the country....TIME MANAGEMENT. Hang in there, it'll ease up shortly!
    jz

    ReplyDelete